1. Module 8: Activities that Promote Orthographic Mapping Part I
- learn strategies that promote efficient orthographic mapping
- understand activities that emphasize the relationship between spoken words and how the order of letters match up with oral phonemes.
- learn word study methods to be routinely used for beginning reading instruction
- learn word-study methods that can be used for remedial reading instruction
Watch the video below.
- What are the two types of verbal organization in our memory system.
- What strategy uses both types of verbal organization?
- When we look at a rime unit, what happens in our brains?
- What is Phoneme to Grapheme Mapping?
- What is the purpose of using the strategy Look Alike Words?