- learn how we make letter strings familiar
- understand the connection between oral language and permanent storage of printed words
- know the difference between phonic decoding and orthographic mapping
- know and understand the 3 components of orthographic mapping.
- understand the process of permanent word storage and its importance to the reading process.
Watch the video below.
Put the following steps to orthographic mapping in order of their development:
- Becomes part of sight vocabulary
- Phonemic proficiency
- Letter strings become familiar
- Development of phonic decoding
- Automatic letter-sound correspondence
- Easily and effortlessly retrievable
- Letter recognition
Last modified: Friday, 27 October 2023, 12:16 PM