Designed for Food Service Directors to train kitchen staff on strategies to improve meal quality and increase participation in school meal programs. Each video is offered in English and Spanish.
- Taste of Colorado
- Processed to Scratch
- Nutrition Nudging
Training series for sponsors and site staff operating the Summer Food Service Program.
- What Know as a Sponsor
- Civil Rights
- Meal Patterns and Menu Planning
- Meal Service Preparation
- Site Eligibility
- Food Safety
- Completing the Meal Count Form
- Serving Meals
- Community Partnerships and Outreach Strategies
- Prepare for a Review
Administrative Reviews (AR) ensure program integrity and compliance, offer additional training and support, and acknowledge the positive efforts and innovative approaches to serving nutritious meals to children during the school year.
- Administrative Review Overview
- General Program Compliance
- Meal Access and Reimbursement
- Meal Patterns and Nutrition Quality
- Syncplicity Guidance
This course provides a series of modules designed to bolster your ability to use the Colorado Nutrition Portal. The Portal is used by Child Nutrition Program Sponsors to complete annual renewal program applications, submit reimbursement claims for meals served, view historical and current program data, view and submit Administrative Review information and much more!
Outlines creditable foods, how to calculate meal pattern contributions, and how to use the USDA Food Buying Guide.
Provides an overview of the process and requirements for school food authorities who choose to work with food service management companies.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Process for Contracting with Vended Meals and Food Service Management Companies
- FSMC and Vended Meal Contract Renewal Training
Outlines meal pattern requirements in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and the School Breakfast Program (SBP).
- Meal Pattern Documentation
- Meal Pattern & Offer vs. Serve (OVS) Requirements in NSLP (coming soon)
- Meal Pattern & OVS Requirements in SBP (coming soon)
- Regulations and Process Overview
- Processing Income Applications (coming soon)
- Processing Categorical Applications
Series of trainings designed to equip school lunchrooms with evidence-based tools that improve child eating behaviors and thus improve the health of children. Smarter Lunchroom principles are simple low and no-cost changes you can make to your lunchrooms to improve participation and profits while reducing waste.