- learn how ideas, strategies and materials in Equipped for Reading Success relate to students with reading difficulties.
- clarify the meaning of the term dyslexia.
- understand the reason for reversals and transpositions.
- review the mental and academic skills that contribute to word recognition and identification.
Watch the video below.
True or False?
- Dyslexia is still only considered a medical term.
- People with dyslexia see print backwards.
- Reading disabilities are caused by visual-spatial weaknesses.
- Weaknesses in working memory can be improved by increasing sight vocabulary.
- In Colorado, a student is determined to have a Specific Learning Disability if the student
exhibits significant academic skill deficit and does not make sufficient progress despite using a process based on the child’s response to high quality, scientific, research-based intervention.