The modules in this course collectively create a comprehensive course to support educators teaching health education. The goal of health education is for students to gain knowledge and become proficient in skills that will help them adopt and maintain healthy lives.
These modules will equip educators to develop skills around implementing high impact teaching strategies and effective health education practices. Each of the course modules below focuses on one important aspect of health education. The modules are set up to be viewed sequentially; however, they are self-contained, meaning there is flexibility to review the modules individually at your leisure. Information on receiving a certificate for hours completion of the modules can be found in the "Course Contact Hours Certificate of Completion" module. Modules have been created by Colorado health educators with support from the Colorado Education Initiative, and funding from the Colorado Health Foundation. If you have questions or feedback regarding the course or modules feel free to contact email@example.com.
In this module we will explore how health education fits into the Whole School, Whole Community Whole Child Approach (WSCC) model.
1. Identify how health education fits into the WSCC model.
2. Identify how the WSCC model support a schoolwide approach to health education.
3. Identify how the WSCC components areas can support health education in your school.
Questions for this section:
1. What is one goal of the WSCC model?
2. How can the tenets of the model be used to make the link between health and academics?
3. Give an example of how health education might collaborate with at least one other component to address student health and well-being.