This module is comprised of two sessions
3.1 Simple View of Reading
After viewing this module session participants will be able to:
- Describe the Simple View Model of Reading
- Describe components of the Simple View
- Understand how the Simple View of Reading provides the foundation for assessment and instruction
Watch the session below.
*Please see the Transcripts resource folder located in Module 0 for a text copy of the transcript from this video.
- The Simple View of Reading proposes that reading comprehension is a function of word-level reading and language comprehension
- Word-level reading and language comprehension are in turn based upon multiple sub-skills
- Understanding the components of reading can lead to better assessments, instruction and intervention
Reflect & Connect
What are some ways that the Simple View of Reading might influence the way you approach reading with students?